Monday, June 10, 2013

TWO WEEKS!!!

Anticipation

The anticipation about going somewhere I have never been and being to travel for the first time in my life out of the country is making me extremely excited and nervous. I am excited because this is a chance of a lifetime, but I am nervous because this is something that I wouldn't normally do. Making a spur of the moment decision to travel abroad to study things that I have no previous knowledge about, which reminds me, I really should look at some readings about the history of Ireland before I leave. Before I leave...... That is in two weeks! Two weeks from this day! Two weeks from tomorrow I will be on my first plane ride ever. That in itself makes me a wee bit nervous. O.o

I don't know if I am just ranting now or what, but...

Anyway, I have been trying to get myself very organized for this trip, because it is always easier for everyone if you are organized. I began keeping up with my planner during my last semester at Michigan Tech in the Spring, and I figured that it would be to my advantage to keep one before, during, and after my travels. It has kept me pretty organized thus far this Summer. At the moment, I am putting my departure and arrival flight times in my planner so that I can keep them straight. I gave my mom the phone numbers for the flight companies as well so that she could contact them to see about any potential flight delays or other complications. I am hoping that there will be no complications, but it never hurts to be prepared. :)

Lately, I have been a bit bored, so I have just decided, in this very moment, that I will try to learn some Irish Gaelic before I leave for Ireland. I also need to check up on a couple of my books that I was supposed to get before I leave. It's been difficult for me to track down one of those particular books, but I am going to see if I can get it online as an ebook through NOOK. I like having all of my books on my tablet. :)

Anyway, I am off to check on that book as well as try to learn a wee bit of elementary Gaelic. :)


As always,

Thank you for reading my blog!

~Reyna

No comments:

Post a Comment