Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Less Than Two Weeks

Less than a week!!

There is less than a week left until I depart for the amazing country that I call my home. While away, I have decided that it would be best to attempt to trace my roots and find out who my ancestors are. It should be very interesting in my In Search of Irish Roots course. I am supposed to learn a lot about researching lineage. Things like that will be able to assist me in my career path as an Anthropologist, which is exciting for me! 

I began packing today, which I should have been doing a long time ago. It gets so crazy if you put it off for too long. I have been going through my paper work today and getting everything together for documents that I need for my carry-on bag. There are a lot more documents than you would think that have to go into your carry-on. That reminds me, I still have to decide which bag I want to use as my carry-on. I was thinking about maybe using my backpack. It would be convenient to carry.. which is funny because it is a "carry-on." All puns intended. :) haha 

Anyway, if or when people read this blog and have any questions along the way about how I am feeling... If I didn't cover that enough in what I have already written in different posts... I would be delighted to actually talk to anyone who is thinking that they might be interested in a study abroad experience down the road or sooner rather than later. 

It is definitely an experience already, and I haven't even left the country yet. 


I have begun to believe that sleep is actually a thing, and actual people need it... During school, my friends and I always joked about not knowing what sleep is because we simply did not get enough of it because of one reason or another. It is also important to get enough sleep before departure and/or traveling anywhere for that matter. I've been studying up from my USAC Student Handbook and other paperwork about studying abroad. :)

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine


Thank you to all who read!

~ Reyna

No comments:

Post a Comment